Monday, July 23

|| pause ||

Tomorrow morning {Tuesday} I'm heading into hospital to have my gall bladder removed... and about time too! It's been a long time coming. 

I was diagnosed with a grumpy gall bladder last December after upsetting it by losing several kilos. In retaliation, it upset me several times in a row in quite spectacular fashion, and has continued to upset me for the last seven months.  

It doesn't help that I hopped into the longest surgical queue in the universe. I'm sure my surgeon is a lovely fella but, honestly, if he was a checkout chick I'd be asking for a refund on my melted ice cream by now.

So while it would be a HUGE lark to blog my groggy ramblings over the next few days, I'll save us all the agony and just put the blog to bed for a mid-winter nap. Yes, that sounds much better.

I'll see you on the other side folks!

Oh, and if you're one of those blessed souls who has tweeted or texted me with your best wishes or offers of meals and child care then thank you so much. Bren will be looking after me like a boss but it's wonderful to know we have such caring friends. If I could share my post-op happy pills I would, but, y'know. Fussy pharmacists are fussy.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck & see you on the other side. Enjoy your happy pills but mind your sides if you laugh! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true! Spoken by one who knows ;-) Thanks for the tip!!! x

      Delete
  2. I think I'll be as happy as you to know its gone tomorrow! Bye Bye GB & rest up Karen...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denyse! I'm in great hands, Bren is being his usual lovely self :)

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping that you are now well on the road to recovery - because quite frankly you need to get back to this blog. Bugger the GB, I need something fun to read!
    Seriously - hope all is good with you and you're feeling peachy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hello there! Thanks for the kick up the bum, getting started again today! Oh, and thank YOU for the Olympics Princess Watch. LOVE those posts!!!!

      Delete
    2. wotisunique12:34 PM

      I'm with JK - I've *missed* you. I've been checking in the last few days hoping to see you back at it.
      So, hoping you are well & your recovery is progressing well. And looking forward to seeing more. No pressure.
      Danielle

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.