Monday, September 10

Oh hi!

So seven weeks is long enough for a recuperation, yes?!

More than enough actually... after a good month of wonkiness (anyone else react strangely to a GA?)  I've been back to normal in the everyday sense for a couple of weeks now so it's time to get blogging again, right?!  I owe a debt of gratitude to a couple of people, notably my friend Danielle, for kindly urging me to get blogging again! It's lovely to know that some of you read it and I'll do my best to keep up my usual *ahem* high standards ... or, more correctly, welcome back to our mundane lives ;-)

And so what has been going on? Not much really. Some Olympics, some Paralympics, a few forgettable AFL games, and then the beloved coach of my beloved footy team got sacked (*sniffle*).  On the bright side, Abi's soccer season has come to and end (woot!) we had some super cute Book Week dress-ups and we escaped the winter cold & flu season relatively unscathed. We're still planning our move to Brisbane at Christmas and so Bren's been scouring the job vacancies. If anyone hears of an opening for an Accountant let me know!

I'm writing this post at Melbourne Airport at the end of a lovely weekend away with my lovely husband to celebrate our 12th anniversary. The kids have been well looked after at home by their doting grandparents, and apart from a 2am (and 3am) gastro episode it's apparently gone rather smoothly.

It was very cute to see all these little elephants around Melbourne. It's the 150th anniversary of Melbourne Zoo and so Mali the baby elephant has been immortalised all over the city by various artists.

This guy was hanging out in the City Square.

This beautiful creature was outside the Town Hall.

This Mali was just outside the shot tower.
The coolest thing about the Malis was how the kids reacted. You'd hear it as soon as a kid spotted another one... the "Mali!" cry would go up and they'd all scurry to check it out. Great idea, whoever dreamed it up!

We also stopped into a spot that Bren hasn't seen before. I'm sure this is familiar to most of you...


The Royal Exhibition Building is just beautiful. The best building in the country by a country mile. There's a daily tour at 2pm and if you're ever in town I urge you to go check it out. I've been in the building to see a couple of exhibitions as a kid but it's much more fun to see when it's empty!


And this is the obligatory selfie for our anniversary... I won't bore you with the dozen or so shots that didn't work out as well as this one. And yes, that's saying something!

Well we're boarding in a minute so I better scram. Happy travels everyone :)

8 comments:

  1. Very glad you're feeling better and blogging again. Melbourne is amazing, love going there, but I've never been to the exhibition buildings. Must rectify next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there -and thanks! And make sure you do because I'll be checking ;-)

      Delete
  2. wotisunique3:31 PM

    *happy dance*. It makes me geniunely pleased (as opposed to that other sort) to see you back here. I hope you are getting better and I look forward to more.
    Your weekend away sounds perfect - its so easy to take each other for granted in the normal business of everyday life. It's nice to remember that you like each other too.
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm back! And thanks :) You're so right about weekends away! It's great to spend hours and hours with each other and do all kinds of crazy things like leave the apartment without reminding anyone to do a wee ;-)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh it's good to have you back. You soothe my soul y'know :)

    Love that you guys had a wonderful anniversary weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Kelly, that's very sweet! Likewise to you with your wonderful writing xx

      Delete
  4. Great to hear you're on the mend. Love love love Melbourne and I love the selfie. You guys look very happy and in love. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are so in love! Particularly when we're in Melbourne mwahahaha ;-) x

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.